I have been busily spending hours finishing up the afghan I have been working on all semester along with some small projects on the side. There are a few things I have learned about learning in an on-line community.
1. I need to watch 3 or 4 videos with different approaches to decide which way best works for me.
2. There are more than just videos as there are on-line communities in Google plus and the people in them are more than willing to help as long as I ask for help.
3. There are books with patterns available for a fee and free.
4. I can get tips, tricks and patterns via twitter with the hashtag #crochet
5. I am now following @crochetme and @crochet4kids thanks to @tara_3. You can read her blog here.
There are few things I still need to work on when it comes to crocheting, but I will keep working at it and I will get better.
My daughter made a great model for the products I created.
But when it was all done and gave it to her for the first time this was her reaction
I am so happy I learned how to crochet and was able to complete a few projects while working on the skill. In the process I let go of my fear of uploading videos to youtube and posting them for the world to see.